Thursday, July 10, 2008

ESP or Evolution?

I was reading my Philosophy of Learning book when I came across this little tidbit of information. Apparently, it has been examined and studied, rather closely, that "more people believe in ESP, a collection of phenomena that science has not been able to verify, than believe in evolution, a theory that has received enormous scientific support." (Lefrancois 13)

Don't get me wrong, I've always known that evolution has been argued by the blind. I mean, it's hard for the ignorant to understand science. Knowledge scares them. I think their reaction to education is similar to the reaction of cavemen to fire. It's scary, it's dangerous, and quite frankly, it hurts them. For even an ignorant idiot to stand up and say "I'm telling you, my sister can read my mind, one time she passed me a bag of chips when I hadn't even asked for them. But that there fossil aint no proof of nothing! I don't care if there's clear and obvious connections to modern day mammals, that there rat is clearly just a retarded rat!

But hey, now that I've clearly stated my opinion, what do you think? Do you believe in evolution? Do you believe the Earth is the third planet from the sun? Do you believe in gravity? Do you believe in ESP? If your answers were anything other than yes, yes, yes, no, then I propose this question for you to sit down and think about: What is wrong with you?

Works Cited:

Lefrancois, Guy. Theories of Human Learning: What the Old Woman Said. 5th ed. Thomas Wadsworth, Belmont CA 2006.

1 comment:

Mike Schwirian said...

Look, it is our duty as Americans to protect our children from the evils of Violence, Nudity, and Science.