Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Talking to Ghosts

So let me kick this off with a pretty important piece of information: I don't believe in ghosts. That being said, there are still plenty of times in life when the things that we do or don't believe in are tested. Tonight was one of those nights.

I was sleeping, or maybe I wasn't. I can't quite tell anymore. I don't exactly fall asleep so much as I lay there and sort of drift off and sort of stay awake. Still, that's how I was, somewhat sleeping, and then I wasn't anymore. I woke up. I woke up and in my bed, behind Rogue who always sleeps next to me, was someone else. I don't know who it was, or what they were doing in my bed, but they were there, watching me.

Me, being the extremely masculine man I am, almost had a heart attack. I am proud to say that I did not soil myself, but I think I actually came pretty close. So, there I was, in bed, having a heart attack, as some random girl smiled at me from behind my sleeping dog. And then the person was gone. I was left in my bed, heart pounding as it burst back into life after a heart-attack, and my dog sleeping peacefully.

So, given the fact that I don't believe in ghosts, here's what I think happened. Either (a) I was still dreaming, even though I was awake, or (b) I am going bat-shit crazy and am starting to imagine people in my life that don't really exist.

Honestly, I hope it's the latter. I'd like to be absolutely, unarguably insane. They give you padded walls that way.

2 comments:

Nan said...

James so sorry to hear of your bad experience but you should talk to Jo she has them all of the time !!

Lynnette said...

I don't see the problem....a pretty girl in your bed!!!!!!