Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Freaking Christmas

I remember back when I was little, and Xmas was my favourite time of year. I loved everything about the season, from the weather to the presents. Everywhere I looked, it seemed as if people were happy and smiling; everyone in a good mood and glad to be celebrating the season by shopping for others. Gifting was a wonderful experience, filled with fun and excitement, from getting to receiving.

Things aren't like that anymore.

I know it doesn't say much, seeing as I hate most things in this world, but I've really grown to dislike Christmas. I don't see smiling faces anymore. I don't see people happy to be giving. I don't see courtesy or generosity or... anything happy and love-filled. I see bitter people, angry at each other, running around and trying to spend as much money as they can before throwing gifts of no thought under a dead tree. I see stress building in everyone during a time that people are supposed to be full of love and compassion.

I don't see much of anything that used to make Christmas in today. But then, I'm no better. I have adopted hate as a method of escape, instead of trying to fix it. It's easier this way.

No comments: