Monday, April 21, 2008

Need to Clean

Bathrooms are interesting. I realize that without them we would still be dropping a load in a freshly dug hole, or bathing in icy rivers. I suppose you could say that the bathroom is a clever invention, that without it, we would all be germ ridden cesspools of disaster. But before we stick to this, I want you to go step into your bathroom and look around. Just go look, and tell me if this is what you see:

A toilet next to a sink and a bathtub. A toilet, in which you drop every excrement from your body, besides the two locations you use to clean yourself. On that sink, a toothbrush that sits out day in and out where it can collect germs during all 23 hours and 50 minutes it isn't being used. Perhaps a sponge or brush in the shower, just sitting there becoming the wonderful breeding ground for mildew or mold during the minutes of intense humidity following a nice warm shower. 

Now ask yourself this: How often do you clean that bathroom? Once a week like me? Twice a month? Once a month? If you are nodding your head to that final question, or I didn't list your recurring cleaning sessions, then you should probably sit down and rethink your hygiene. You piss into a collection device that sits right next to your sink. You bathe in a tub that, if not cleaned regularly, grows mold, mildew, and other collections of wonderful bacteria.

What am I saying here? Well, really, I just wanted to make a point: we may have evolved from shitting in holes and bathing in rivers, but we still haven't really mastered the art of hygiene if we piss and bathe in the same room.

1 comment:

Mike Schwirian said...

I know loads of people who piss in the shower...