Monday, August 11, 2008

Admitting Defeat

It's hard for most people to admit they are wrong. Luckily for me, I exist to you in a world where I am never wrong, so it's not an issue for me, but for those less fortunate than myself, there will always come a time when that person must admit that they were wrong. The nice thing to do is to sit back and let them admit it while you keep your peace.

I do it the other way. I much prefer to, when someone admits they are wrong, rub it in their face for as long as I possibly can. When you do this, most people will respond in the same classic fashion. First, they will try to take back what they said. Then, when they realize they can't, they will try to shift the blame onto you somehow. It's like watching a fish out of water, struggling for some of that delicious H2O and not being able to find it. It's pathetic, sad, and at the same time oddly amusing.

I did this the other day with one of my girlfriend's friends. He was talking trying to sound smart, as most people do when they are around people they don't know, and he said something about how every life was valuable and no one should be killed ever. So naturally i jumped to the extreme end of the statement and asked him if he would kill Castro or Kim Jong-il if he bumped into them in a private location with no one around. Naturally, he stuttered and admitted he would gladly shoot them without any remorse. So, I spent the next twenty minutes making him admit who else he would kill. Apparently, he doesn't have much value for human life, and I'll tell you what, after that huge spiel I put him through, I bet you I'm on the rapidly growing list of people he would kill.

When people are wrong, it's great. Enjoy it. It's fun to poke at stupidity.

No comments: