Monday, October 22, 2007

The Best Fight Ever

I want you to think for a minute. Sit there and think. I know that for some people, that's a rather demanding request, so I'm going to give you a prompt. I want you to think about it for a while, and then read on. Here's the question: Who would you most want to fight in the next world war? Who would be the best enemy for you to battle against?

I've put a lot of thought into this, and up until a few weeks ago, I would have said "an Alien race similar to the 'buggers' in Ender's Game; mainly because of the Hive Mind concept of combat." I have since changed my mind. Don't get me wrong, that would be a fantastic war, one which I would suspect we would lose unless we could find someone as amazing as Ender Wiggin in our midst. I like the idea so much of fighting aliens that I am not even removing it from the list of future wars. I am simply pushing it back, so that this war comes before it. What war is better than the Alien war? The Zombie War.

Just think about it. Could it ever get any better? I mean, we'd be fighting the re-animated corpses of humans! So, naturally, we would be semi-familiar with their structure, know where their weak points are, what to attack; but at the same time, we would be fighting a different species. Zombies aren't human, no matter how you look at it. They are dead, and as we all know, you can't get in trouble for killing something that's already dead. Technically, that's impossible.

Really, the only thing I can say about the Zombie war is this: If it starts, and you've turned, I won't think twice about blowing you to bits. I'll see you when it's all over... if you make it.

No comments: