Monday, October 29, 2007

You're Funny Looking

A lot of people frown upon looking down on others for being different. I am not one of those people. If you are different in any way at all, and I notice it, chances are good I'll let out a silent chuckle. That's if I'm feeling courteous. If not, you'll probably see me wiping the tears from my eyes as I holler in laughter. There are a lot of people out there that throw this situation on themselves. For example, people who do too much cocaine: Hilarious! That thing that happens to your nose when you've snorted a metric ton of happy-snow, it pleases me. My favourites, though, are the people who were simply born to amuse me.

Allow me to pain you a picture with the artistic styling of my imagination, so that you can laugh along with me. Imagine, for example, the phantom in Phantom of the Opera. Those who have seen it, in either the theatre or on DVD, know that when he removes his mask, his face looks like he is a burn victim. That's not funny. Stop laughing. Fire isn't funny, it hurts. No, what would be funny is this: Imagine that when he first revealed his face, instead of there being burnt skin all across his right side, he looked completely normal in all ways but one; one of his eyes was huge, and the other was extremely small. See, now that's funny.

Another amusing problem can be found in a small percentage of the male population... and in rare cases, the female population. I love it when someone cannot grow facial hair but in isolated patches, and yet they still try to grow a beard. They end up looking like an army of tiny rodents died on their skin. It is hilarious. It's also great when they can only grow three or four hairs, and instead of shaving them, they let them grow. I always want to pluck them. It tickles me.

All-in-all, differences amuse me. And no, I don't feel bad about it, and neither should you. Unless you're ugly.

No comments: