Monday, July 2, 2007

Amazing Future

For several years now I've kept a mental list of my top five dream jobs. Obviously, author is on there, and has been for as long as I can remember. The others, well, let's just say they are less likely. If you think about the odds for becoming an author, that says a lot. Still, I have kept the list all the same, and have altered it across the years as new information on the working world has been brought to my attention. One such alteration occurred this morning.

Dream Job number 4: Weather Predictor.

Wondering why? Well, wonder no longer, for I am about to explain it to you. See, this is no regular old meteorologist position. No no, not at all. See, this "Weather Predictor" is an actual weather predictor. See, I would be able to actually sense what weather was on its way. Somehow, my body would be able to sense changes in weather patterns, and I would be able to give 100% accurate forecasts of what the weather was going to do 10, 15, or 30 days before it actually happened. I wouldn't quite be a weather god, but I would certainly be the middle man between mother nature and the people.

The way I see it, there isn't a single weather station in the world that wouldn't want me to be under their wing. I could be taken in anywhere, live anywhere in the world, just because I can sense weather patterns to a flawless precision and accuracy. Not only would I be able to live anywhere, I'd also be rich, for doing nothing! I mean, if it's a natural talent, I wouldn't even really have to work. I could just call in the weather forecast from home, floating in my hand carved lagoon sipping fine wine from my diamond wineglass.

Jealous? Yea, thought you would be. Too bad I've already claimed it as my job. Stinks to be you, but hey, if you suck-up to me enough, I may just let you mooch off me.

No comments: