Saturday, July 14, 2007

Talking to Myself

I have a problem. I have started talking to myself. I know, first step to becoming crazy, right? Well, there's my problem. I know it's crazy, and yet, I still do it. It's almost as if I choose to do it. For instance, when I talk to myself, I say half the conversation out loud, and then inside my head responds to whatever it was I said out loud. Basically, it looks like I'm talking on my cell phone with a bluetooth headset in my ear.

The biggest problem I'm having with this whole talking to myself thing is the fact that both sides of the conversation know how crazy it is. For instance, if I say something to me, inside my head will usually say back "you're talking to yourself again." Usually I ignore this and just keep going, after which time inside James just goes ahead and argues with me. That's usually what he does. He argues with me. We either fight, or inside James comforts me.

I'm concerned. I don't want to be crazy, but I get the feeling I'm heading off in that direction very slowly. I like my brain, and I like conscious thought. I'd rather not lose that to the subconscious ravings of my inner conversations. Bad bad news, this.

On the bright side, I'm great company for myself.

1 comment:

Mike Schwirian said...

No worries, I think you're great fun to talk to, so it's about time you started engaging in conversations with yourself.