Wednesday, July 4, 2007

(Your Name) Everywhere

James' Everywhere will like this blog, for you see, it is about them. That's right- every single James out there in the world, I'm writing to you today, because honestly, I feel like I am connected to each and every one of you. I so often throw out the phrase "it's a good day for James' everywhere!" and you know why? Because James', If I'm happy, I want all of you to be happy too. I don't want to be the only James in the world being happy, no no, I want to share this great feeling with all of you. And when I'm down, and "it's a bad day for James' everywhere," I hope that each and every one of you will help in sharing the burden of my day. James' everywhere, thank you- and I can't wait to meet you.

Now, I am curious, does anyone else share this bond with those who share their name? I find that when I meet a person named James, I immediately assume that I will like them. This is odd for me because I have a tendency to look at people through a very negative lens. In fact, I start most relationships under the assumption that I won't like a person, and they must prove me wrong. With James', it's a whole different story.

I do find, however, that this sets me up to be failed by James'. I am never failed by anyone else at the beginning of a relationship, because they can never actually let me down if I have already branded them as a failure. But James' have, in the past, hurt me. I have entered into the relationship thinking "Hell yea! Another James!" and ended it with a "I hope I never have to see (Insert Last Name Here) again!" Once a James fails me, he is no longer a James, but rather whatever his last name is. I don't enjoy disliking James', so I avoid the situation all together by removing them from my mental list of James' I know.

Readers, are you attached to your name brothers and sisters as I am? I must know if this is a bond all people with the same name share, or just James'. I think it's probably just us James'. We are, after all, incredibly unique.

No comments: