Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I Don't Believe You

Don't take it personally, but the title of this post pretty much sums up the rest of the daily writings. It's not a stab at you or your moral character, or even at how much of your life you practice being an honest person, instead it's the simple fact that you, like everyone else in the entire world, will lie to me if at that moment the pro's to lying outweigh the cons. For those of you nodding your heads in agreement, I'm glad you understand. Those who are taking offense to the rash and overly generalizing comment, suck it up, reflect, and maybe then you'll start nodding also.

It's a good system though; pre-accepting that everyone you will ever meet will lie to you, most likely when it is crucial that they tell you the truth. It stops you feeling cheated or let down. There have been many times that someone has admitted that they lied to me, and they have felt bad about doing so, where as I am simply sitting there continuing on as if nothing has happened. Why? Because even at the time, even though I didn't really know it, I never fully believed you. It's not your fault. It's just who I am.

But I would recommend adopting my method of dealing with everyone. It's a good system. Lies tend to piss off a lot of people, but with this non-believing lifestyle, it really never comes off as a shock, and becomes a burden even less.

Again, no offense meant by this. You can take it up with me personally if I've offended you. But then, I'm not going to believe you anyhow, so why bother?

1 comment:

Mike Schwirian said...

I've always lied to you...