Friday, May 11, 2007

Old Names

I must admit, I have been rather disappointed with the naming system we so commonly see. I'm not blaming everyone here, because there are many people in the world who have fantastic names. Many native born South Asians name their children based on historical role models. Why not? It makes sense to name your kids after amazing people. I for one would like to name my son Achilles. I would raise him like a normal kid of course, I'm not insane, but he would never really be normal, would he. He would be "Achilles: Badass". He wouldn't even have to kill anyone. His ancestor of the name has killed enough people already, and everyone knows all the achievements of the famous are passed down to anyone with the same name.

I would be "Richard (The Lionheart)". You know you're jealous, but I'm sorry, it's my name now.

What would yours be?

1 comment:

Mike Schwirian said...

My name would be "Darth Vader"!