Monday, May 21, 2007

Prove it

Why is it people say that I am stubborn as if it's a bad thing?

It just doesn't make sense to me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being stubborn. I'm fully convinced that the problem is not my stubbornness, but rather other people's inability to argue their own points. I am certainly willing to sway my opinions on any matter, it's just people don't seem to know how to present their argument in a logical fashion. How am I supposed to take someone seriously who comes up and says "No, I'm right because I am!" I'm sorry, but that's just a god-awful argument. In fact, I'm down right offended that you would even consider that to be worth my time.

The simple solution here is this: Learn how to argue. If you can listen to all the nothing I spit out my mouth to confuse you, then sift through and find the facts and argue those, then I'll most likely be convinced that what you say is highly plausible. If you can't bring yourself to do that, then really we are out of luck. Or at least you are. I don't really care, most of what I say isn't true anyhow.

1 comment:

Mike Schwirian said...

No, I'm right because I am!