Sunday, May 13, 2007

Wisdom

I have recently decided I want to be old. I'm not talking old, as in 40, when you aren't really old but you want sympathy and compliments from everyone so you keep saying it over and over again until someone says "OH shut up! You aren't old!" I want to be that age when you are so old that when you say "I'm old," people look at you and think- "well yea... i have seen fossils aged younger than you."

I know many of you are thinking right now "why would he want to be old?" It's actually quite simple. Old people are wise. Villages always have a village elder, and you know why this is? Because every village needs someone to tell them when they are being stupid. Granted, the only real perk to being a village elder is that when you do tell people they are being idiots, and they in turn ignore you, but then perhaps they die or get hurt or fail at whatever they were doing, you just get to sit back and say "see, I told you. I'm old. I know these things." Here's the best part though- even if you are wrong, it doesn't matter! You are old! People don't hold it against old people if they are wrong!

A life without judgement of any consequence. Sounds pretty snazzy to me.

No comments: