Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Anonymous

I am a fan of people commenting on my blog, I really am. It makes me smile to know that somewhere, someone is actually reading what I write. It also makes me happy when people take the time to say something valuable; something that contributes to or counters to overall point I am trying to make. I even like it when someone says something that is just entirely wrong, which if it is disagreement with what I said, is usually the case.

So what doesn't make me happy? Well, it doesn't make me happy when someone posts a comment with the tag "Anonymous" as their name. That just makes me frustrated. If you are going to write something, at least have the balls to stand up for your words.

This can be taken a step further when someone tries to argue with me, or point out a mistake I've made. Actually, I take that back, I enjoy it when people point out errors I make in my posts. I mean, on an average day, I write roughly 2,000-4,000 words. I would hope that within those 2,000-4,000 words, I would at least make one error. If I didn't, I would have evidence that I really am perfect, and nobody (except me) wants that. No, what frustrates me is when someone has an incredibly long comment that just begs a response, and yet I cannot address the person or persons involved as anything but "Anonymous". That just pisses me off.

So, If you are going to comment, do it properly. Give me a name, some initials, a series of numbers, anything to identify you as an individual. There are a shit-load of "Anonymous" people out there, and to speak frankly, I don't care at all what any of them have to say about anything.

NOTE: This is not an attack at my most recent poster as "Anonymous". It is just a general attack on people who don't like to be recognized.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what I hate. You.