Saturday, September 1, 2007

Allow Me to Introduce You to Me

I think it's about time to tell you a little bit about me. This blog started off by being read only by people who knew me rather well. Then, people who kind of new me started reading. Apparently, I was doing something right. Then, shortly after that, people I have never met or heard of started reading. I'm definitely doing something right! But that doesn't give me any excuse for being rude. So, for those of you who don't know me, allow me to say my hello's.

My name is James R. Mitchener the First. I know that the last part is by no means important information, but it certainly makes my name sound cooler. I plan on referring to myself as such until I become "Sir James Richard Mitchener, PhD." I've got to wait a little while for that one...

Other than my name, I am a pretty casual laid back person. Not a whole lot bothers me, and if it does, I tend to let the world know about it. Ironically, I'm an introvert. Not many people would guess it given how I act, but I am, and I am doing all I can to overcome it. I suppose, because of my desire not to be an introvert, I could call myself an "Introverted Extrovert".

I am a Creative Writing Major, a Professional Writing Major, and I plan to end up with a PhD in either Creative Writing or English. I am an aspiring author, having completed my first book a little over a month ago and am currently working on the sequel.

Other than that, there's not much more you need to know. Really, you should just stop being so nosey....

No comments: