Friday, September 7, 2007

First Page Source

It makes me a little bit sad that these days, with George W. dancing around all his bullshit excuses for raping the American public, I don't even have to go beyond the first page of any news broadcasting medium to find something so stupid I can write a blog without thinking. Here's todays, the first article i stumbled across while searching Google news. Thank you humanity, for continuing to prove that so long as we stand together as a unit, we are completely useless.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia/article2941864.ece

You will notice this is from a European source. I tend to get all my news from Europe because America just has this really big problem with censorship where they feel the public doesn't really need to hear anything. I also tend to select my sources from somewhere within the UK (hence the .co.uk) because the UK just has a way of wording things that makes me feel less disappointed by everything. They just don't seem to care, and personally, I think that's the best way to approach these things.

As you can see from the title of this article, it's going to tell you a bunch of nothing that if you have half a brain, you'll be able to decipher as something rather entertaining. It starts off as "Video shows Bin Laden 'in false beard'". Pretty good way to kick off an article if you ask me. Apparantly Bin Laden released another tape, except this time he is miraculously healthy. His beard is full and black instead of thing and gray <gasp>, and he is moving as if he was never even remotely ill! Praise be to Allah, he's healed!!!

I think this sort of takes the focus off the main issue here. This tape, the first one since 2004, surfaced right before a pivotal discussion is to be made in congress deciding the future of the War on Terror. If you don't find that the slightest bit odd, then you're an idiot. I bet Bush's cabinet are all sitting around right now saying to one another "Shit man, we really shoulda held onto Sadam a bit longer..." But alas, 'tis come to pass. Now all they have is an old and useless tape of Bin Laden wearing a fake beard.

Way to go guys, keep fighting this thing. Maybe next time he'll be wearing a wig as well as the beard; then we'll know we're winning the war!

No comments: