Sunday, September 9, 2007

Help Me Decide

I have been thinking, for some time now, that it might be interesting to have a blog dedicated to short stories. I was wondering what you all thought, as my readers, about such an idea. Simple question for the day, and by extension an unusually short Blog, what do you think?

Here's how it would work. Every other week I would post up a short story that I have written specifically for that two-week period. I would do it every week, but there's just not enough time for me to juggle my incredible work load for school and writing a short story once a week. I am, after all, writing part two of The Gift of Light Trilogy, and can't be using up too much of this precious time hammering out shorts. So, once every two weeks, I would post (on a different blog dedicated only to short stories) a single short.

Most important question: would you read them?

Respond through whatever means are easiest to you; facebook message, IM, phone call, comment on this blog, etc. Thanks readers!

1 comment:

Mike Schwirian said...

Honestly, I think this is a great idea. I agree that once a week would be too frequent. Not only for you, but for me the reader. I think that once a month would be good, but I can't complain about once every 2 weeks.

Just be aware that I may fall behind on reading your stories if they come out too frequently. I've lots of stuff to read as it is.

Having it a separate blog is a great idea.. Something like a Mitchener Mind Supplement (or suppository if you will)...