Wednesday, September 26, 2007

When Did We Slip into Tomorrow?

I realize that technology is growing at such a rapid rate that it's almost impossible to keep up with it on your own. Just because I know this, it doesn't stop me being surprised whenever something changes right under my nose, and I almost entirely missed the transition. Today, I was searching for a story to write about, and on every single news website I went to, I found nothing but links to video news. When did people stop writing?

This worries me, because my only real skill is in my ability with words. I mean, I could write scripts for people to read, but that is certainly not as fun as just writing. It got me thinking that maybe I'm behind the times, and like so many people before me, my skill is going to become obsolete. That would be a disappointing turn of events.

Still, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this transition, or saw it coming? I like reading, and I like reading news. The way news is written just has a method of address which is almost unbiased. When someone talks about a specific event, there's always that little hint in their voice which directs me on how I should be feeling about an issue. I don't like that.

On another note, Homosexuals apparently don't exist in Iran. It's true- Ahmadinejad said so himself. He stood up in front of a huge group of people and said "We don't have homosexuals in this country". That's what I call targeted marketing. I can think of maybe two people who just pushed Iran up on their list of "places to visit before I die". It was a brave move on Ahmadinejad's part, but hell, if he only wants heterosuxals's in his country, so be it. I do wonder what he did with all the gays though. It's obvious that at some point they existed, and yet all of a sudden they are all gone. Where did Ahmadinejad put them? It's not like they are a box of kittens you can just leave on the side of the road. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed. From my experience, I've always liked the gays. They have good sense of fashion, good taste in music, and from my experiences, I've never met a homosexual person who doesn't know how to cook at least 30 times better than myself. I would miss them if I were Ahmadinejad.

No comments: