Thursday, June 21, 2007

Being Quoted

Ever since I realized my passion was in literature, I have always wanted to be quoted. It seems to me like a rather classy thing to have happen to an individual, assuming it is done correctly. I would not like to be quoted by, for example, a group of Nazi's. I think that would weigh heavily against my conscience, and cause me a great deal of confusion as to how something I said could be twisted so negatively.

I would like to avoid this, if at all possible. I have a recently occurring condition in which I am concerned by what others think of me. Some people would look upon me negatively for this, but I think it makes me a little better of a person. I'll leave that much up to you to decide.

Still, I would like to avoid any negative connotations towards my being quoted, so if you could simply take that into consideration, I would appreciate it. I say this to you, of all people, because I am bestowing my being quoted onto your shoulders. Don't worry, for I am not trying to stress you out. I am going to do all the work for you.

Below is a list of quotes by me that you may use to make me a quoted man. I'll even set them up in a fashion that will allow you to use at least one of them in almost any given situation, should you word the setup correctly. I'll even cite myself for you, so you don't need to worry about that! Aren't I just a great friend?

Here goes:

"Perfect is just a word. What makes something perfect is not that it is flawless, but that it is flawed in all the right ways."

"There is no point pointing out the negative; it is staring us in the face from the moment we wake."

"Optimism is the pessimists weakness. Pessimism is the optimists fuel."

"In life there are only two truths. One: No matter how good you are at something, there will always be someone better. Two: No matter how much better that person is, you can always have them whacked."

"Life is full of pain. Carry a band-aid."

"Sex comes and goes like a summer breeze. HIV is forever."

"If you give up trying, then you'll be a quitter. On the plus side, you can't fail any further."

"The problem with time is we always seem to be waiting on it."

Mitchener, James. "Being Quoted." The Mitchener Mind. 21 June 2007. <[Insert web address here]>.

There. All done. You can pick and choose which parts of each you want to use quote me. Heck, with this citation, you can quote any part of this article. Enjoy, and make me proud!

No comments: