Sunday, June 24, 2007

Woosh

I like magic. It has become a very large problem, and an even larger inspiration for me. The fact that actual magic, as in the powers that wizards and sorcerers possess, doesn't it exist- well, to be frank, it makes me sad. I want magic. Even more than that, I just want magic to exist.

I've put a lot of thought into this. I mean, I write fantasy, so I have a lot of time to sit back and contemplate the possibilities presented by having magic. For one, I would learn how to fly. I assume that would be a difficult feat to accomplish, but I think I could pull it off. Once I learned how to fly, I would then learn how to move objects from a distance. But that's stepping away from the focal issue.

Flight. Magic is great, yes, but really it's just a stepping stone to a greater ability. How many people have you asked if they would want to fly, and they say no? None. You know, except those people who are deathly afraid of heights, but as far as I'm concerned, if you don't like flying then you aren't a real person.

I'd be willing to take an alternate route to learning to fly. For example, I'd be perfectly fine with angel wings. I'd also be cool with going to space. I mean, given the world as it is today, that is probably my best bet. I'm just afraid that once I got up there, I wouldn't want to come back down. I wonder how long it'll be before I can get a holiday house floating around up there in orbit. That would be nice...

Magic and Flight. Awesome.

No comments: