Monday, June 4, 2007

Rain

Today will be my first serious post. I'm sorry to any who I disappoint by writing in such a manor, but I have something on my mind, and so I am going to share it with all of you. Last night, it rained from midnight until six this morning. At around two thirty, I went outside to do nothing but stand and let the drops run down my face and soak my cloths.

There is no natural occurrence in this world more perfect than rain. It is beautiful in all its forms, from the gentle feeling of each droplet as it hits your skin to the sound of it pattering outside a closed window. It is mysteriously romantic, making even the most plain of kisses more beautiful, the most simple of walks more breathtaking.

I hold the rain very close to my heart. I have fond memories of times spent in it with a woman I love. But know that long before even this, the rain has always captivated me. I have loved it since before I can remember, and I hope that I love it forever. If there is a god, in any shape size or form, then the rain is the one thing he created that I have nothing bad to say about. If there is no god, then millions of years of building an ecosystem has lead to this one climactic point, and I am shocked that something so perfectly beautiful can occur so naturally.

Thank you, to memories of rain on cold nights, to the feeling of droplets on my skin, and to the sound of peacefulness that accompanies a quiet storm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DAMMIT JAMES, STOP MAKING ME FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU!