Saturday, June 2, 2007

Tick, Tock, Tick...

When was it we decided to live our lives by the clock? Honestly, it has to be the most restraining thing we have created. Life must have been better when we judged time based on the movements of the sun. Who could be mad if you were late to "half-past big cloud" or "quarter to thunder"? Granted, it was probably a lot tougher to deal with, but honestly, how would you know if it wasn't you that's early and they are on time?

I'm not a fan of time. In all aspects, I don't like it. It makes me feel old, it makes me feel like I'm wasting my day, it makes me get up when I don't want to, and go to bed when I don't feel like it. It bugs me. Day and night, now I'm good with that, but 13:12, 21:59, 2:31, and all other time's in the 24 hour day just bug me.

I also don't like the expression "It will take time." I know it will take time, but guess what, I don't really have much of it. I have about 80 years if I'm lucky, and I don't want to waste it waiting for whatever it is to pass or come. Time, I hate you.

Immortality would be great. It completely negates the need for time. Doctors, get to work on medical immortality! Explorers, find the fountain of youth! Time is ticking!

No comments: