Friday, June 15, 2007

Exciting Nothings

Isn't it funny how we so regularly get excited about things that no one else gets excited about? I think it's one of human kinds most redeeming features. It makes me smile. How can you not, when someone is getting so excited about something so stupid that they look like a fool, but they are so full of joy that they simply don't notice, or if they do, they don't care. It's wonderful.

I for one have a number of things that just set me off. It's funny, because a lot of them I picked up from a certain someone else. Those we grow close to always have the largest influence on us. Still, she knows who she is, and so do many of my readers. For example, numbers. Numbers just get me all excited when they are either all the same, or they make some crazy cool mathematical equation. I love it. My car is a perfect example. It's getting so close to having done 66666 miles I almost want to go drive it around and waste gas just to get it there. Every time I get in the drivers seat, I pee a little with the anticipation. Don't worry, I sit on a bag.

Time also gets me. When it's 1:23, or one of my favourites, 5:55. I like that one the best because it's the final sequence of three's you can get at the highest number. After that, you're done. I like them when they count down also, like 6:54. I wake up a lot at nights these days. In fact, I haven't slept through the night for almost three months. I'm usually sad, but how can I be when I roll over and my clock says 3:33 or 2:34? I just smile a little, roll over, and hug Sasha, my pillow girlfriend (I called her Sasha because I don't think I could ever be committed to a Sasha. It's too much like a dogs name. No offense meant to any Sasha's, I'm sure you are wonderful people).

There are other things too, unusual occurrences that no one else cares about, but just set me off. I'm printing my manuscript now for "Firra's Hand". I'm so excited watching the pages slide out the printer, all 400+ of them. It's like crack to me.

Now, I'm off to watch the pages slide out again. Oh, by-the-by, it's 6:15!
---For those that don't see it: 6-1=5. Good times. Good time.

No comments: