Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sound

I like being able to hear. Sounds, for the most part, make me happy. There are of course those sounds that everyone hates, but I don't think it's fair to punish the majority for the actions of a minority. I think I've said that before... Oh well.

The best kinds of sounds are ones we atone to something that makes us happy. For example, a couples "song". Why do they do this? Honestly, I used to think that picking a song was a stupid idea, but now that I've had some time to think about it, it makes sense. It reminds the listener, in just that short time, of all the feelings they possess for their significant other. But then love and commitment are powerful emotions.

Sound can inspire other great feelings also. There has been research into certain noises that fuel sexual arousal. Weird, I know, but it's pretty amazing.

I like a lot of sounds. Rain is one of my favourites. The stronger the downpour, the better. I love rain. Bees is another. The buzzing of bees is just a beautiful noise. Wind rustling trees, and the sound of a cold day. Don't think that cold has a sound? Go stand outside in winter for five minutes, and you'll change your mind. I also like acoustic guitars, and the lute. Funny instrument.

What sounds inspire warm feelings in you?

No comments: